Monday, February 13, 2017

My week in Millington

HELLO MY FAMILY!!!!!!! 

This week has literally been CRAZY! Seriously. I wasn't even in my area this week except for about fifteen minutes on Sunday to go to Ward Council. It was nuts.

Sister Fogg was in Bartlett with the Sister Training Leaders (STL’s)  and I was in Millington with Sister Ellis and Sister Ostler and then on Tuesday Sister Quick joined us. It was an emotional week. It was hard to be out of my area and be away from my companion,  but I have to tell you, I have found so much comfort this week in my studies and through the love of others. It was hard but it was also so amazing!! I just love the atonement and the love that Christ has for me and for everyone.

Alrighty, First off, I am staying in Lakeland for another transfer! And my new companion is.................SISTER VAN ORMAN!!!!!!  In case you don't remember who she is, she was my MTC companion! What?!!  It's like living with Princess Aurora (Sleeping Beauty). She is a deep sleeper by night, but she is a sunbeam of happiness when she is awake.  Needless to say, this transfer is going to be amazing! We have a lot of work cut out for us, but I know that it will be great!

HIGHLIGHT REEL!!!!
One highlight of the week occurred during a seemingly ordinary moment. I was in the car with Sister Ellis and she had a bunch of random church songs on her USB. I was looking through the songs to listen to when all of a sudden I saw a name that was familiar and I clicked on it. Well, I freaked out. My awesome next door neighbor, BOB MURRI,  was singing the song!!! It truly made my day and, for a moment, I felt like I was back home. And really, I felt tremendous love from Heavenly Father, which might sound weird, because It was just "Daddy Bob" singing a song, but I almost cried. God is in the details and small miracles of our lives, right?

This week, our baptism was cancelled because my companion and I were gone for so long and because of other extenuating circumstances beyond our control. It was really hard for me to understand why this would happen and why satan was working so hard on us. But we all prayed and felt so good that we should push Eddie's baptism date to a later time.

On the bright side, we got to teach some lessons in Millington. It was amazing because we met some awesome people who were so interested in learning more. I could feel the tremendous love that   Heavenly Father had for those people. One thing that is so amazing is that Heavenly Father loves EVERYONE and, as
a missionary, you can feel that Christlike love for others that you
meet briefly or just barely know. It is the most amazing thing!! We met a lady named Lori and she just started saying that she really admired us and that we helped her to be a better Christian. She said that she was a Southern Baptist, but to not hold that against her (they usually hate Mormons) and we said not to hold who we are against us. We all laughed and we were able to give her a Book of Mormon and talk to her while bonding over refinishing furniture (thank you Mom and Dad for having me /helping me refinish the nightstand for Young Women's). Before we left, she told us to come over any time and that she would love to learn more. I love my sacred calling as a representative of Jesus Christ. WE were able to testify to her and help her to feel of God's love for her.

The majority of this week has honestly been a blur, so I would like to share with you my study highlights for this week.

I read the talk "hanging on" by Loren C. Dunn given in April 1974. I really love what he said: " I don't know all the reasons the Lord tries us in this life, but there are two or three that come to mind. First, I think He wants to know whom He can trust. Secondly, the Lord tells us in the Doctrine and Covenants section 122 that adversity came to Joseph Smith to give him experience. There is something about the eternal purpose of life that requires us to meet and experience trial and sorrow as we seek to overcome, for the Lord has told us also, "...for if they never should have bitter they could not know the sweet..." (D&C 29:39) Thirdly, I believe that only through such experience can a person develop true charity and I mean by charity, the pure love of Christ.".

I just loved that. You know, it was hard this week, but it truly gave me experience. It helped me to be closer to my Father in Heaven and to grow to be who He wants me to be...or at least closer to that.

I also really loved a talk that I read entitled "Keep walking and give time a chance" by Virginia H. Pearce from April 1997. She said, " Those who understand their own personal growth patiently continue to pray, do their daily work, and give time a chance".

Truly I have grown so close to the scriptures.  Having patience has been so hard to have, especially when you do not understand everything, but you WANT to understand everything. Still, patience has been required and I have been learning patience everyday. Be careful what you pray for, especially if it is patience. ;) I  really love this gospel with all my
heart. It truly saves my life each day and makes me who I need to
become.

I love y'all so much. I am so grateful for you all. I know the church is true. I know that my Father in Heaven loves me so much and I am so grateful for the chance I have to serve Him each day.

Love y'all!
Sister Esplin
Temporary Millington missionary
Absentee Lakeland missionary
Back in my area

Reunited and it feels so GOOOOOOOOD!!


 Enjoying a great lunch at Chik-Fil-A


 The panda that Sister Fogg gave me before heading home
So sweet!


 The Millington gang:
Sister Ellis, Sister Ostler, & Sister Quick


 Our last district meeting photo with everyone.
Since I was in Millington, they photoshopped
me in with this embarrassing pic!!


Sisters at the Bartlett Building awaiting transfers


 With Sister Ellis



With Sister Lange and Sister Duffin

No comments:

Post a Comment