Monday, June 19, 2017

I am being transferred...

Hola mi familia and mi amigos!!!!! 

This week has been such a crazy awesome week!!!!! To star off....I'm getting transferred today!…I am so so sad. I am heading to Lonoke, AR where I will pinkwashing the area with a relatively new sister, Sister Peterson. I am scared but I known that Heavenly Father will help me and guide my path and will provide a way for everything to work out. 

Sherron got baptized!!!!!! Yay! What an amazing experience that was. Sherron was a Book of Mormon and Bible referral and we got the referral my second week in Southaven. Sherron was amazing! When we first met her she was so excited to talk to us. We gave her the Bible that she asked for and then we offered her the Book of Mormon and she was so excited to read it. She just sat in awe looking at the book as we explained what is was. We set a baptismal date for her for the 17th and she accepted that date. Well time went on and we kept teaching her and I have to say that if anyone is called golden, it is her!! She gave up tea and coffee cold turkey and she said that she was glad to give that up for the Lord. She expressed that God has given her everything so why should she hold back. As we got closer to her baptism things started getting hard. She was definitely getting hit by Satan on every front. She found out just days before her baptism that her sister was going to kick her out, but she kept moving forward and she really wanted to get baptized. She had her interview and it went wonderfully! She had her baptism on Saturday and it was the most beautiful experience. She was so so so excited. She was practically jumping in the air! When she got baptized she stood in the font and she started clapping because she was so happy. I was so so blessed though because Sister Vaitai was interpreting for the deaf members there so I got to be on the side of the font and give Sherron her towel and that meant that I got to see her right after. She was so so happy. She was just crying and she kept saying, "Thank you Jesus, thank you Jesus! It has finally happened! I can’t believe I have finally made it. It is time!". Oh my goodness. The spirit was so strong and she was just so prepared. She overcame so much and the joy the gospel gave her was so amazing. She is amazing! I just love all of the beautiful miracles. 

This week we also had the amazing opportunity to have our very last zone conference with the Wakolos. It was so wonderful to be able to hear all of their testimonies. They are truly such good examples of what a disciple of Jesus Christ should be. They will be so missed by all of here, but we are excite for president and sister Hansen to come as well:)

Studies: this week I read Helaman 5:12, which I absolutely loved.  "And now, my sons, remember, remember that it is upon the rock of our Redeemer, who is Christ, the Son of God, that ye must build your foundation; that when the devil shall send forth his mighty winds, yea, his shafts in the whirlwind, yea, when all his hail and his mighty storm shall beat upon you, it shall have no power over you to drag you down to the gulf of misery and endless wo, because of the rock upon which ye are built, which is a sure foundation, a foundation whereon if men build they cannot fall."

I love that because we know who we can rely upon. It's not me. Its not you. It is Christ. Christ is perfect!!!!! So how great is that that we can depend on a perfect person. The gospel is perfect!!!! It is amazing that the more stress we are out under, the stronger we become. The more we can grow and become what Heavenly Father wants us to be. 

So I just have to take a moment to freak out about my awesome dad. I am so grateful for such wonderful parents, and i am so grateful for my dad and all that he has done so that I can be the person that I am today. I am grateful for him supporting me on my mission and helping me in all I do. My dad is just the greatest dad ever. Sorry y'all. I won in this department. He has given me a great example of how my Heavenly Father must love me. My dad is such a great example of a worthy priesthood holder. 

I love y'all so much! Thank you so much for all that you do and all of your support. I love you all and I hope that you.are doing well. You are the greatest!!!
Love ya lots!!!
Sister Esplin
Ashley 
Pinkwasher 


Goodbye to the Wakolos! 


 Memphis Temple with Sister VaiTai

 Generation photo. My mom and my daughter. 

 Sayin’ goodbye to the Stones.

 The Ten Commandments. 
We had to sneak in front of a baptist church to take this picture. 🙃


 Goodbye!


 Bronzie


 Gus’s Chicken

 Sherron’s baptism


 The Johnstons with Sherron


 Holding a hedgehog


With Jasmine!

No comments:

Post a Comment